Monday, April 16, 2012

The Myth of the Myth of Digital Democracy?

Eat your heart out, Hindman!!!

While the Hindman reading does make some key points, I agree with Professor Herman and my classmates' assertion that the internet grown very much as an outlet for politics in the last 5 years. As suggested in class, I will be keeping track of the number of political messages encountered over the next few days.

Although it means that Google will be watching my every move for a while, I will be using this blog entry to document my findings. A "political message" will hearby be defined as anything that endorses a political viewpoint or was written to spark discussion on a specific topic, but not every response to such a message, unless it includes new information. Still, multiple "political messages" may be found in the same source during the same browsing session (ie. facebook, my email inbox, the Colbert Report, PerezHilton.com etc.). Each number below represents the political statements found in use of various websites.

Monday April 16, 2012 (after 5:25 p.m.)
3
4
2

Tuesday April 17, 2012

2
3
1
1
1

No comments:

Post a Comment