Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Assignment for Good online Writing



To combine the main idea in these 2 readings, I got the word “share”. No matter how much or how minor the things you share, the tiny story would have enough power to change the world.

In the reading “How to create compelling content that Ranks well in search engines”, mentions that submitting about 20 articles with the right content on the website would get a good ranking for some search terms. The more you write, the more you share, the more you repeat the keywords and more compelling the content that will enhance the credibility. Then Google would likely to rank those websites well in search engines after Google found that the websites have a high credibility. “The words you put on a web page have no life of their own until they get read.”(Brian Clark,17) Therefore beware what you put on the web page and be a good web page writer.

In the reading, “How you will change the world with social networking”, mentions that social media offers people a great set of tool for working on the nature of culture change and policy work. In this information society, I cannot deny the impact of social media. People need the social media for mental or knowledge supports. By sharing your story, you will not feel alone. By contacting all over the world people, you will broaden your horizon. By linking your website to social networking, Google will get you well-ranked when more people see and share your content.

Nowadays, the links between people in reality is remarkable important. It can help you find jobs or achieve your goal. In abstract computer world, the links between website is credible significant to get a high readers. Social networking does a lot to build your value of your sites or personalities. You would not allow people go on without you.

To write good online writing, you always need to care what the target audiences are. To define the right audience is always the first step for a successful online writing. No matter if you want to sell a product or service, you need to know who the audience is, age, gender and nationality. You may want to do some research. Then you should provide different approaches for different groups of audiences. Think about how do I get their attention or interest, like what the key words are. You should use keywords to make a good title or heading to grab audiences’ interest. A good title can get the content read. To avoid them hitting the back button, the online writing must be the reading that they want to read and get information about. Compelling content is keep the writing clear, concise and simple so that the audience can get the points easily without getting board. Finally, you should link every relevant website to back up your writing. I think this act kind of like a spider to extend many different aspects in other to trapped the little small insects. The smaller the gaps are, the more audiences are trapped.

As I am online audience, I am personally interested in health; therefore, I like to read some articles that are about health. I think that this online writing in New York Times http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/08/blood-levels-of-trans-fats-are-declining-in-americans/?ref=health
  is a good online writing for me. First I found that writing on the New York Times home page, I saw the title that was interesting. Then from the first several paragraphs I got the main ideas like 5W’s and H: who, what, when, where, why and how. Besides, the body of the article has several links. The links are the researches from American Medical Association, which make the writing be more persuaded. Besides, there are some links are related to this topic. Finally the writer also quoted some statements that spoke by doctors. That will increase the trustfulness of the argument.  I think this online writing http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/810/meanings-of-10-valentines-day-flowers/ is good for me too. This is clear and interesting. Pictures are good with the explanations.   

I think http://www.articlecircle.com/health/allow-yourself-to-succeed-to-your-full-potential.html is a bad online writing for me. First I search the topic with health. I think the title “Allow yourself to succeed to your full potential” fool me first. I thought I can get something that is very powerful suggestions. However, I found that it keeps saying about unimportant things and those unimportant things occupy a whole writing. The most important sentence was the last one and is just only one sentence “if you want to truly reach your full potential, you don’t need any more ‘how to succeed’ information at all.” It makes me angry when I read this sentence. I was wasting time to read this. Same problem in this writing too http://www.articlecircle.com/personal-development/stop-wasting-time-learn-to-make-decisions-faster.html
The title is “Stop wasting time-Learn to make decisions faster”, the title make me wonder what the skills are to make decisions faster, however, I found that at the end there is not such a skill to be provided. For me those above two links do not have compelling content.  

By Ring Sum Chiu

No comments:

Post a Comment